Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Scrapbooking Month!

May is Scrapbooking Month, and for me that is very scary!! I am NOT a scrapbooker, but recently had reason to become one very quickly!
My daughter's father got married and Jordan was a bridesmaid, and wanted to do a scrapbook for the couple as her wedding present to them.
"Mum, you have lots of stuff from Stampin' Up! You can help me and it will be fabulous!"
Well, much as I appreciate her (misplaced) absolute faith in my creative ability, I panicked, and of course that led to much blog surfing to find some help!
Eventually we settled on a Simply Scrappin' Kit (Sweet Nothings) and blissfully ignored the fact that it didn't go with their wedding colours (the bridesmaids wore black - we don't have black and white DSP - I would love some SU! if you are listening!!) - we figured dad would love it regardless, and if not - tough!!
So, please excuse the blur - some is on purpose to obscure faces - other times it is just coz I suck at taking photos, and I was in a particular hurry with this one!
This layout is taken from a UStamp online class I did - and was originally a digital scrap page. We just took the layout and re-created it in paper. The ribbon is not SU! but everything else is.
There were twenty pages in all - I'll share them all with you throughout this month.

Products used: SSK Sweet Nothings, Whisper White cardstock, I heart hearts stamp sets, riding hood red ink, three heart punch, non-su ribbon

No comments: