Wednesday, November 26, 2008

bonus post!




Ok this is a bonus post coz it needs to go on today for tomorrow.


A friend at work is from the US and as it is Thanksgiving there tomorrow (Thursday) I made her this little acetate gift box with a turkey on the front. Please excuse the terrible pictures - they were taken with my cellphone. The acetate gift box I saw here and the turkey - actually I'm not sure now - I think it might have been Heather Summers - she has a lot of videos on youtube, so check there! She also has an awesome reindeer one that I will be doing in the next couple of days!

So the acetate box uses regular acetate (or OHT, OHP whatever you wanna call it) from Warehouse Stationery, Real Rust Cardstock, eyelets (not SU, coz I have NO CLUE where those have got to - so I raided my daughter's stash!!), and whisper white grosgrain ribbon. The turkey is stick ont o a basic black tag, then made up of scallop circles cut from real red, summer sun and pumpkin pie, with a close to cocoa 1 3/8 inch circle body, and a 1 1/4 face. Googly eyes, summer sun beak and real red dangly bit!!

So cute, so easy and so fun!

So, anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, and for my part, I am so grateful for all the amazing people I have "met" so far through my stamping - you are all an inspiration and please ....when I blatantly copy your stuff without giving you credit, take it as a compliment and let me know I nicked it!! I would love to give credit where it's due!

No comments: