Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 4 - Gift 4 - altered file folder

Not a very thrilling picture this one! but opened up - it's much more exciting!! This idea came from Patty Bennett, who used files in the US catalogue to create these stunning stationery compendium thingys. Well, we don't have the files, but I thought manilla folders would work just as well! And they did!! Basically the bottom is folded up, and a couple extra folds added, cover it in DSP, add a velcro dot and some stationery and you're done!
\

This is covered in Parisian Breeze DSP -it's now retired :( I'm gonna miss that!

(my apologies here, as a lot of the items I show you over the next few weeks will use retired product - purely because I made these as actual gifts, and had to get them off before a certain date, and also because I like the finished product - but remember everything can be made using different patterns! These are just ideas!)

This pen comes from the other version below - these are so easy but effective. Just pull the barrel out from a pen, wrap the ink part in DSP,and slide back into the barrel. Voila, co-ordinating pens! how simple :)


This version uses Raspberry Tart DSP - this was my first one and I cut the paper too small! but my daughter loves it, so she now owns it!!

No comments: