Saturday, February 14, 2009

kwerner challenge 41


ok, so i saw these colours and thought yes! nice, easy, classic, simple....... yeah right!!

The card itself was easy and simple, but it took ages to get to it!! I ended up with all my stamp sets out on the table (and the floor and the couch! - and seriously, I don't have THAT many!) with a sheet each of the colours. Then the stamp sets I liked I couldn't reconcile with the colours - so in disgust, I flicked through my catalogues! yippee!! This is a case of the card on page 16 of the summer mini, but I turned it round and made it into a notelet (that to me is a quarter A4 folded in half). The "ribbon" is basic grey, and the say it with scallops is stamped with real red, as we don't have riding hood red (yet!! I hope it's coming!!)

So, anyway that's the card - taking the photo added even more drama! So yes, it's wonky, but hey - it's legible!! sun glare, shadows, you name it! I have one pic of it that makes the grey look orange! nasty!! :)


3 comments:

Anna Sutherland said...

You make me laugh. At least your one step ahead of me. I've only got as far as getting the card out. Maybe tonight, here's hoping. Keep up the great work.

Karine said...

Lovely card! I need to try out one of these challenges sometime! Great job! Karine from SBS 27.

Christy Dillman said...

I love the simplicity of this card, wonderful card! Looking forward to seeing more and getting to know you!

Hugs,
Christy SBS#27