Monday, August 10, 2009

E is for...

Envelopes.
yummy yummy envelopes.

Stampin' Up! does their own envelopes, and I used to think - huh why bother?? just go to Warehoue Stationery and get the normal office supply ones. Then, I signed up for a secret sister swap on SCS, and got a packet of SU! envelopes in one of my goodie packages. Oh My! They are delicious!! They are so smooth and yummy for stamping on.
And that means you can co-ordinate your envies to match your cards :) (more co-ordination! will it ever end??? NO! and that's why I LOVE SU! :) )
The first picture shows Very Vanilla envelopes, stamped with the butterfly from Great Friend. It also shows how you can use DSP to line your envelopes giving them even more co-ordination :)

And speaking of DSP and envelopes, Lin Mei has the best tutorial on how to make square envelopes from DSP (or any other paper for that matter!)

Here are 2 I made - the smaller one fits a 3x3 card and uses Bella Rose paper. The larger one fits a 4x4 card and uses Good Morning Sunshine paper. (this is one example where Stampin' Up products don't co-ordinate ;) These two sheets of paper do NOT go well together!!)

Obviously when you mail these you will need to use a label rather than just writing on them - but how cute! Not sure if you can mail the smaller envelope - I know NZ Post allows more than US mail, but I'm not sure on this one, but as Lin Mei says - a little note this size is better hand delivered anyway :)

No comments: